Summer 2020 Update: COVID 19 Edition.

As we all continue to monitor travel changes from the Coronavirus Pandemic, we wanted to provide an update on our plans for the 2020 summer.
  • Safety of our guests and guides comes first, always. We wholeheartedly continue to follow and support city, state and federal efforts.
  • If it is responsible to do so, we are still planning to operate this summer. We plan to make rolling decisions on our May and June trips starting mid-April.
  • We recognize that some of you will have to cancel your travel plans. Our cancellation policy gives you up to 15 days before their trip to make a decision. Our regular cancellation policy still applies (below).

Refund Policy

  • We include a non-refundable $75 per person permit fee for Pack Creek Reservations made from July 5 – August 25.
  • If a tour is unable to fly due to weather or if there is only a single person booked, and guest/guests can’t be accommodated on another departure, there will be a full refund (minus the $75 fee if applicable).
  • Cancellations made at least 15 days in advance will receive full credit or refund of the tour price, (minus the $75 fee if applicable);
  • 3-14 days in advance, a 50 percent refund;
  • Less than 72 hours in advance, no refund.
There is no penalty for cancellations for trips prior to July 4, Waterfall Creek trips, or Pack Creek trips August 26 on. If clients are interested in rescheduling for 2021, we are happy to make that accommodation at no cost, transferring the peak season permit fee as well.
In the meantime, the bears are snug in their dens for a few more weeks, just like we are. Hopefully we’re all able to ride this out gracefully and get back to work sharing the incredible treasures of Alaska. Our best wishes of health to you and yours.
Dan Kirkwood
General Manager


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *