Participant COVID Information and Expectations
Additional COVID-19 Participant Information: This document describes the current COVID-19 related actions we’re asking you to take. Please call us to discuss any questions or concerns at (907)-209-5432.
Before your trip
- Make smart decisions about your travel. Travel involves inherent risks of transmission that can reduced but not be eliminated. We ask you to take steps with us to reduce transmission of the virus in our community. Ultimately the decision to travel is up to you.
- Follow Alaska’s travel requirements for testing and quarantining.
- Have a plan for if you get exposed or sick and are unable to travel home.
- If this is not the right time to travel, we understand. Alaska will wait! Read our amended cancellation policy or re-book.
- We maintain a guest to guide ratio of 5:1. This may result in participants being from different households. If this is a concern to you, please contact us to determine whether alternate arrangements can be made.
- Review our full plan. This is where we lay out our policies for hygiene, sanitizing, and screening ourselves. Our full plan is available on our website.
- Be Flexible, be a team player. We appreciate your help keeping your guides and fellow guests safe. Conditions may change through the summer, so stay in touch. If you have questions or are not comfortable with anything listed here, please contact us at least 15 days in advance of your trip to discuss.
- Complete a health screening that your guide will issue prior to the trip.
- Guests must agree not to participate in the tour activity if they exhibit current symptoms of COVID 19; have been in contact with someone that has tested positive with a case of COVID-19 or been in contact with someone in the past 14 days who are; a recovering case and are less than 14 days from the onset.
- We will request that if you are visiting Alaska from out of state, that you share, in advance, documentation provided by the state of Alaska confirming your negative test result.
- You may cancel your trip and receive a 100% refund up to 15 days prior to your trip. Excluding the exceptions listed below, cancellations made between 14 days and 3 days prior may receive a 50% refund. Cancellations made less than 72 hours in advance do not receive a refund.
- If you are not feeling well, please do not come on the trip.
- Clients who are experiencing signs or symptoms of Corvid 19 and contact PCBT more than 72 hours prior to tour departure will receive 100% refund.
- Clients who are experiencing signs or symptoms of Corvid 19 and contact PCBT less than 72 hours of tour departure may receive 75% of their tour cost.
During your Trip
- Cover your face to keep your guide and fellow guests safe: We request that you to bring and wear facial coverings (fabric or similar material). We expect that you’ll wear your face covering in the van, gear room, aircraft, and when in close proximity to other guests in the field. The guide will provide a mask if you don’t have one.
- Keep distance when possible: The guide will encourage social distancing between households whenever possible during the tour. However, social distancing is not feasible in many cases due to space limitations and bear safety protocols. This includes transport via passenger van to and from the airport, in the gear room, via float plane to and from Admiralty Island and in the field. PCBT staff will attempt to promote social distancing whenever practicable.
- Keep your hands clean: The guide will make hand sanitizer available throughout the trip. Guests are also encouraged to carry their own.
After your trip
- If you have signs or symptoms of Corvid 19 or have a positive Corvid 19 test result within 14 days after your trip please contact us so that we can inform others of their potential exposure.
Please get in touch if you’d like to discuss any element of your trip.
Dan Kirkwood Guide and General Manager