Waterfall Creek Bear Tour
During the peak of the salmon run, we fly to Waterfall Creek to see the bears chase salmon beneath a dramatic waterfall.
Chichagof Island has a similarly dense population of brown bears, but is relatively unknown compared to Admiralty Island/Kootznoowoo. Starting on July 25, we schedule trips to catch the bear activity at this coastal spawning stream. Seated on the stream bank, we have the opportunity to see bears fishing below the falls and in the rapids. As with Pack Creek, trips are limited to 5 people plus a guide, although at Waterfall Creek we may be able to accommodate requests for larger custom groups.
- Waterfall Creek offers excellent chances to view brown bears.
- Maximum of five participants on every tour; however we may be able to accommodate groups up to 10.
- Guided by Alaskan professional naturalists specializing in bear behavior and temperate rain forest natural history.
- Fully outfitted, with rubber boots, rain gear (if needed), day pack, binoculars, and healthy snacks.
- Shorter tour length, with a focus on observing the creek for bear activity.
- Shorter walk along the beach, though ground may be slippery and uneven.
- Waterfall backdrop makes for dramatic photos.
- $729/person, all inclusive price from the Juneau airport (Guide Gratuity at your discretion).
- Trips mid-July through August.
To check availability and make reservations, fill out the form on this page with your desired dates and click “Check Availability”. If the date you want is not available, please call us at 907-209-5432. Often we can obtain other permits and flights to accommodate you.